The most important question you should ask yourself this influenza season is: “What Can I do to prevent the flu?”
Obviously, the first thing you should do to prevent the flu is to get your flu shot! Express Medical Supplies has a full line of flu vaccines. Pre-book today to secure your supply of flu vaccine for the 2013-14 influenza season.
While flu vaccines are important, there are others ways to prevent influenza infection that are simple and easy. For starters, begin with some everyday basic steps:
- When you sneeze or cough, remember to cover your nose and mouth with a tissue. If you don’t happen to have any tissue on hand try to use your forearm to cover your mouth and nose while you sneeze or cough to prevent spreading germs to your hands. Always remember to wash your arms and hands after sneezing and/or coughing!
- A simple soap and water and/or an alcohol based sanitizer will help keep you clean and protected from unwanted germs that may be carrying the flu virus. Remember to always wash your hands during flu and cold season!
- Although sometimes it’s unavoidable, try to avoid continual contact with sick people to avoid becoming sick yourself and/or unintentionally spreading infectious germs to others.
- Skin contact is one of the easiest ways that germs are spread. Try to avoid touching your face and rubbing your eyes. This will help keep germs from your hands from transferring to your face and eyes, potentially entering your body and causing infection.
- Feeling under the weather? Rest and Hydrate! Drink plenty of fluids and take time to slow down and rest if you start feeling under the weather to give your immune system a chance to fight off bugs before they become more serious. Over doing it could worsen your sickness, resulting in possibly contracting the flu virus.
The above simple steps are easy to remember and surprisingly effective. But remember, these steps alone are not enough to fully protect yourself from the flu virus. Your best medical means of protection is to get your flu shot!
The influenza vaccine protects against the three most common types of influenza virus, increasing your chances significantly of not contracting the flu virus.
The elderly, as well as small children, are the most vulnerable to contracting the flu virus each year. Anyone six months and older can, and should, get a flu vaccine to protect themselves against the influenza virus this year!
Express Medical Supplies offers a full line of flu vaccines for the 2013-2014 flu season. By getting your flu vaccine and following the simple and easy points of caution above, your chances of contracting the flu virus this year should be significantly reduced.