The Pictus 500 is a benchtop system that is an automated clinical chemistry. This machine has a software that is windows based. It operations interface is users friendly and hence it gives you a long period platform for you to analyze and have good excellence. This P500 has a lot of accompaniments. This helps an operator to come up with perfect conclusions and results which are not faulty. It includes a full variety of reagents, controls, and calibrators. This efficient system can offer one with a diverse clinical chemistry reagent for its analyzers. The Diatron Pictus 500 products and some of its features are not commercially available in most of the countries. Due to its regulatory reasons, their availability to most of the countries is still raising questions and hindrances for their future availability.
Key features and benefits.
Most of P500’s features still act as its benefits.
Efficiency is achieved through;
- Fast results that take less than 45 seconds
- 5 open channels
- Optional direct 4-ISE module
- An optimized walk operation
- 95 sample positions
This system offers you cost effectiveness through the following ways;
- It consumes too little water that is up to 2litres per hr
- There is minimal consumable usage
- On board, it has single used cuvettes
- Throughput for a small footprint
Easy to learn, use and operate.
Here’s why it’s considered simple to learn and use the P500;
- Flexibility- you can use this system for reagent applications
- Simplicity- you can see and use simple icons in the menu e.g. graphical representation
- Has intelligent software
- Its interface is user-friendly
- It has innovative features that you can use for training and use.
- It is easy and simple as it operates on a platform that is common (windows 10)
Reliability and high-quality operations
Here’s how this system achieves excellent operations;
- It has a clot detector
- Quality components that ensure you to have a flawless result
- Dust free photometer
- Internal Barcode reader for samples, sectors, and reagents
- Dilutor and pumps from high sophisticated proven technology
- It has a multi-functional pipetting arm
- It has a temperature control and a pre-heater
Remote accessibility and diagnostics
The Diatron Pictus 500 can achieve remote accessibility and diagnostic through;
- Web-based connection that helps an analyzer to facilitate remote access
- Remote diagnosis performance that helps you to minimize on-site pre/ visits
- Updates the remote firmware before having your tests done
This tends to reduce any interferences present and ensure smooth workflow. It achieves this through;
- Continuous reagent and sample loading
- Autocal and auto QC features
- Sample loading and continuous reagent
- There reflex testing before any procedure done
This system has different key specifications but the most significant are;
- First result time;45 seconds
- Has a refrigerated reagent tray
- Each of the tests can take up to 3 different reagents
- 2 liters of water is consumed
- Weighs 115kgs
- A reagent pre-heater
- An internal barcode for samples and reagents
- Has crash and collision detector
- Use of samples such as plasma, serum, and urine
- There are sample racks which are 5/19 per positions
- Has a clot detector
- Box-whisker plots and Levey Jennings plots.
The Diatron Pictus 500 machine has different options. These are;
- An optional stand
- An optional direct 4-ISE module.
- An option auto that you can drain or fill for system wash and waste materials.
There are still questions and debates on why the Diatron Pictus 500 is not commercially available in all the countries and why specific countries. The countries that have it cannot also easily find its features and products.