Urgent Message for High Risk Patients
This message is of urgent importance to everyone with health risks that demand they be vaccinated against this season’s flu outbreaks. The 2016-2017 flu vaccines begin shipping at beginning of August. Every person 6 months of age and older should get vaccinated against the flu as soon as the 2016-2017 season vaccine is available in their location. People who are determined at very high risk of serious flu complications include:
- women who are pregnant
- all people over 65 years of age
- people suffering chronic serious health conditions such as:
- sugar diabetes
- heart and pulmonary disease
Vaccination of high risk persons is especially important. If steps are not taken to access the vaccine and decrease risk of severe flu, many high risk patients will perish in the ravages of the flu.
Health Care Workers Very Susceptible
Vaccination is imperative for all health care workers, and those who live with or care for high risk people. This is an effort to prevent spreading flu to other high risk people and jeopardizing them. Children younger than 6 months are too young to be vaccinated. Instead, their caregivers should be vaccinated without fail.
Pandemics of Flu from 1918 until Present
The national CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step for everyone in preventing flu epidemics such as this country experienced decades ago when vaccinations were not available to the mainstream population and high risk individuals. In the great pandemic of Spanish flu in 1918-1920, it is estimated 59 million people died worldwide. Since then there have been four pandemics of flu which circled the globe, each with different origins and symptoms requiring different medications for treatment. The total number of deaths suffered in the USA declined greatly in the early 1960’s due to medical science developing flu vaccines rapidly to fight each flu epidemic, and the population availing themselves of the vaccines.
Nonetheless, new flu strains continue to plague the world’s populations, and it requires dedication and perseverance on the part of caregivers, parents, and health providers to see that they each are vaccinated and that all high risk persons are also vaccinated.
Time to Pre-Book is NOW
Pre-book flu vaccine immediately to keep your patient healthy during this dangerous season. Five tips to safeguard your patient base and personnel are:
- Outbreaks of healthcare-associated influenza affect both patients and caregivers in long-term care facilities and hospital centers.
- Flu vaccination of both personnel and patients, combined carefully with infection control practice prevents flu outbreaks.
- Flu vaccines come in two forms:
- the traditional flu vaccine given in flu shots
- the nasal spray flu vaccine
- The traditional flu vaccine shot ranges for the pediatric version of 6 months, up to the 3 year version. Nasal spray vaccine works well on patients 2-49 years of age.
- CDC Professionals encourage you to get your flu shot early this year to help avoid the influenza breakouts later this season.
Why should your office pre-book your flu vaccine from Express Medical Supplies immediately?
- To receive lowest vaccine prices available
- Count on fast, dependable delivery
- Depend upon courteous account managers who will help make your order process as easy as possible
- Fast turn-around time, once it’s in, it ships back out to you!
Contact our courteous efficient staff today at Express Medical Supplies and pre-book your vaccines for the sake of you, your staff and your patients. You will be thanked by everyone you save from a debilitating illness and/or death.